StarWars Light Saber DIY
I realize there are many, many StarWars Light Saber tutorials out there. But, I didn't find any that would actually give me a step by step, so I kind of had to just figure it out on my own. After a few trials and errors, I found some perfect solutions. I thought I'd share them here with you.
Pool noodles (each noodle will be cut in half)
One roll of CHROME colored Duck Tape
One roll of BLACK colored Duck Tape
1. Cut the pool noodle in half with a serrated knife on a cutting board (I didn't take a picture of that, but you can figure that out on your own, right?)
2. Start wrapping your noodle with Duck Tape leaving approximately 1.5" overhang
3. With a sharp pair of scissors, clip 0.5" sections all the way around. Your scissors will get sticky. I kept a paper towel with a tiny bit of Goo-Gone on it to wipe the scissors off as needed
4. Fold each piece in toward the middle
If for some reason, your center isn't covered, just cut a piece of tape to cover the hole
5. Wrap three more widths up the noodle, overlapping a little each time
6. Get all the handles wrapped before adding designs
7. On a cutting board, put a length of opposite colored tape and cut strips of tape in desired widths and lengths. I just used a sharp paring knife, but you could use an exacto knife. I tried tearing the tape and it was pretty messy looking. The cutting board was the neatest, easiest, and fastest method, in my opinion.
8. The fun part--- Customize your light sabers
9. HAVE FUN!
... and May the Force be with you!!
Click HERE to see the whole STAR WARS PARTY!!!! xox,
I love to share resources with my readers! Affiliate links are used.